Morocco fears Madagascar as competitor in call center market
Morocco used to be the main destination for outsourcing French language call centers but it appears that it will soon be surpassed by competitors in Tunisia, Senegal, Maurice Island and Madagascar, according to Moroccan press sources.
Morocco has a well educated native French speaking population that has only the slightest trace of an accent but it has ceased being competitive as fiber optic networks extend deeper into Africa. It is expected by 2006, such networks will extend to Madagascar that has an even cheaper labor rate than the North African countries.
Morocco is about one third more expensive than Tunisia and twenty per cent more expensive than Senegal. (albawaba.com)
- Senegal - Tunisia standoff over BRIZ II and BRIZ III ships
- C1ME selects Compaq for ‘center of excellence’
- Rasmala - Regional investors suffer due to loss in key markets in August
- Even with Arab economies, spring is increasingly visible
- Irony much? Arab Spring economies keen on private investments as way out of their troubles