Morocco fears Madagascar as competitor in call center market
Morocco used to be the main destination for outsourcing French language call centers but it appears that it will soon be surpassed by competitors in Tunisia, Senegal, Maurice Island and Madagascar, according to Moroccan press sources.
Morocco has a well educated native French speaking population that has only the slightest trace of an accent but it has ceased being competitive as fiber optic networks extend deeper into Africa. It is expected by 2006, such networks will extend to Madagascar that has an even cheaper labor rate than the North African countries.
Morocco is about one third more expensive than Tunisia and twenty per cent more expensive than Senegal. (albawaba.com)
- Turnover of Moroccan call centers hits Euro 85 million per year
- Moroccan branch of German company wins best supplier award
- Moroccan exporters fear losing out because of counterfeiting
- eSys Technologies to concentrate on North African markets
- Moroccan agriculture minister claims desertification under control