Morocco sees $1.5 billion budget surplus
The Moroccan public budget recorded an 18.5 billion Moroccan dirham ($1.5 million) surplus in the first third of 2001, according to senior sources in the Moroccan ministry of treasury, economy, privatization and tourism.
As recently as the end of April 2001, the Moroccan budget indicated a MDh 4.7 billion deficit, compared with two billion MDh deficit by the end of April 2000, reported Bayane Alyaoume daily.
However, significant revenues gained by the treasury from the privatization of Maroc Telecom Company converted the deficit to a surplus. ― (MENA Report)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Moroccan treasury auctions old jails
- Kuwait budget likely to see surplus in FY2009/10
- Kuwait could see a KD6 bn budget surplus in FY10/11…
- Sonatrach records $18.5 billion in crude revenues in 2001
- Crude prices rise on weak dollar, stronger oil demand... Kuwait could see another budget surplus in FY10/11