Morocco starts construction works of US $90.7 million sport compound
Morocco's King Mohammed VI has recently launched construction works of a US $90.7 million sport compound in the southern Atlantic city of Agadir.
The stadium project, to be financed by the National Fund for Sports Development, will have a capacity of 45,000 seats, including 10,000 covered ones.
It will include a football ground, an eight-lane athletics track, in addition to an annexed training stadium with a six-lane athletics track.
The stadium of Agadir will have several facilities, in addition to audiovisual systems for sound distribution, communication equipment and two screens.
The stadium, located at 7 km from the port of Agadir, comprises a parking lot of a capacity of 7,500 places for cars and 375 for buses.
The project will be completed at the end of 2009. Construction works will generate 600,000 work days. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Memon Investments awards AED 65 million contract to OST Constructional Projects LLC for ‘Frankfurt Sports Tower I’
- Infrastructure works start on Gulf Finance House’s projects in Marrakech and Tangiers
- Memon Group awards AED 31 million construction contract for Champions Tower I
- DIP starts Morocco project works
- Bahrain starts works on Khalifa Sport City