Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts gets Fastest Growing Hotel Chain in the Middle East Award
At the recent World Travel Market in London, Mayor of the city Ken Livingstone awarded the prize for the Fastest Growing Hotel Chain in the Middle East to President and CEO of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R), Jean Gabriel Pérès.
The award was sponsored by the Middle East Travel magazine.
Since 2002 alone, the portfolio of the international Swiss-based hotel chain has grown with additional hotels in Lebanon, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). New hotels in Bahrain and Egypt will open in the coming months and management contracts have already been signed for new hotels in Saudi Arabia, Yemen and the UAE for an additional 1,874 rooms.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is currently represented with 45 hotels in 12 countries and focuses on two types, the business and conference hotel and the holiday resort. The hotel group is represented in Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Italy, the Czech Republic, Jordan, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Keep 'em coming: Middle East has fastest growing 'hotel pipeline' in the world
- Etihad Airways wins ‘Fastest Growing Airline in Middle East’ honours
- Kempinski Welcomes Leela Palaces, Hotels & Resorts into the Global Hotel Alliance
- Hilton Worldwide becomes fastest growing major hotel company
- Hotel sector gets new award