Movenpick’s new Bahraini business hotel ready by summer
Construction work on Bahrain’s new four-star hotel is scheduled for completion by July 2003. The seven million Bahraini dinar ($18.56 million) facility, located close to the Gulf island state’s international airport, is owned by Global Express and will be operated by Swiss chain Movenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R).
The three-floor 106-room hotel, which includes two executive suites, eight deluxe suites, a banquet hall, a lagoon pool and a spa, was designed by Mohammed Salahuddin Consulting Engineering Bureau (MSCEB) and constructed by GP Zachariades (GPZ). French firm Decovar Orient was contracted as interior decorator.
Movenpick Hotels & Resorts is currently represented with 45 hotels in 12 countries and focuses on two hotel types, the business and conference hotel and the holiday resort. Whilst the business hotels are located near the city center or the airport and offer an optimum infrastructure for the business traveler, the holiday resorts are situated in outstanding destinations.
The hotel group is represented in Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Italy, the Czech Republic, Jordan, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Lebanon, Saudi-Arabia and Qatar. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts gets Fastest Growing Hotel Chain in the Middle East Award
- New senior sales manager joins Mövenpick Hotel Bur Dubai
- Movenpick Hotels & Resorts to open second property in Jeddah
- Holiday Inn opens new resort hotel on Saudi Arabia's Gulf Coast
- Intercontinental opens for business in Alexandria