Movenpick to launch first Abu Dhabi property
Movenpick Hotels and Resorts is currently in the process of negotiations with potential investors in Abu Dhabi to launch its first property in the UAE capital.
"We are extremely keen to enter Abu Dhabi, said Toufic Tamim, Movenpick's Middle East vice-president for sales and marketing, according to Gulf News.
“We are actively pursuing opportunities and we are in negotiations with multiple investors in Abu Dhabi to open one or two hotels in Abu Dhabi," Tamim added.
The Swiss-based Movenpick hotel management firm recently signed an agreement to operate seven new hotels in the emirates of Dubai and one in Ajman.
"In the next two years we foresee three contracts in Abu Dhabi to serve our feeder markets in Switzerland and Germany, to use both Dubai and Abu Dhabi for leisure and business," Tamim said, adding that other emirates were not part of the ongoing expansion focus.
"Our main focus is now on Abu Dhabi."
- Movenpick announces UAE, Saudi expansion
- ALDAR Properties signs exclusive strategic alliance with Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
- Look out UAE, Jannah Hotels and Resorts due to expand across the country!
- Movenpick Hotels & Resorts to open second property in Jeddah
- Laguna Tower Dubai offers new opportunity to investors