MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain) supports students
In keeping with its commitment to education in the kingdom, MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain) is co-sponsoring a group of AMA Model United Nations Society members whom have been chosen to attend the 10th Harvard World Model United Nations Conference in Edinburgh, Scotland from 26th March till 2nd April 2005.
“We are proud of sponsoring this group of Bahraini students. Through our continuous commitment to education, we support a range of projects that seek to raise academic standards and expectations, and the skills of children and teachers. We also aim at supporting talented young children by giving them opportunities not otherwise available to them, and supporting schools and educational initiatives that do the same” commented Mahmoud Hashish, Chief Commercial Officer at MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain). ‘Such program provides students with an excellent opportunity to test the practicability of their ideas, as well as learn how the decision-making process on a global level actually works. Furthermore the concept of representing another country not only creates awareness for the interests of other governments, it also encourages them to develop an understanding for the needs and views of other cultures. In a world which is growing together so rapidly the success of cross-cultural encounters is becoming increasingly vital’, he added.
‘On behalf of the AMA Model United Nations Society, we would like to thank MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain) for sponsoring young talented Bahraini students to attend this rewarding international conference’, commented Doris Martin, Student Affairs Director and Model United Nations Director, at AMA International University Bahrain.
- MTC-Vodafone signs Bahraini company to start recruiting for new mobile telecom company
- Bahrain Sponsors ‘Mock United Nations Assembly’ for Young Students
- Fourth Annual MTC-Vodafone Environmental Treasure Hunt Endures In Spite Of Storms In Bahrain!
- MTC-Vodafone Treasure Hunt Environmental Campaign Organizers Hold "Children's Green Thumb" Workshop
- MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain) participates in Bahrain’s Third FutureIT Conference & Exhibition