MTC-Vodafone partners with International Turnkey Systems for Bahrain operations
Mobile service provider MTC-Vodafone has appointed International Turnkey Systems (ITS), a solutions provider in Middle East and Africa, as IT solutions partner for its services in Bahrain.
ITS is to provide MTC-Vodafone with solutions designed to support the mobile service provider's current operations and ultimately its 3G network services to be commercially launched in Bahrain in early 2004. ITS will also provide facilities management services for MTC-Vodafone's IT infrastructure operations.
Under its licence obligations, MTC-Vodafone is committed to delivering 95 percent geographic coverage from day one for 2G GSM, EDGE and 3G technologies, voice services and various data service such as SMS, MMS, WAP, push/pull information service and location-based services.
MTC-Vodafone comes as a result of a strategic agreement between the Kuwait-based Mobile Telecommunications Company (MTC) and Vodafone, a UK based global telecom company. MTC-Vodafone has been chosen by Bahrain's Telecommunications Regulatory Authority to develop its 2nd GSM service. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- AJM Kooheji and MTC-Vodafone sign supply deal
- ITD & Techworld join hands to tap the Kuwaiti and Iraqi markets
- ICapital and Trendium sign partnership agreement
- MTC First telecom operator in Middle East to be awarded BS7799-2:2002 certification
- MTC-Vodafone (Bahrain) achieves ISO/IEC27001:2005 certification