Leading African telecom provider partners with Etisalat
MTN Group, a leading emerging markets telecommunications provider, has selected Etisalat SmartHub to extend their regional network reach.
It will connect through Etisalat’s SmartHub at Fujairah CLS to expand its advanced data network capabilities. The South Africa-based multinational company operates in African, European and Middle Eastern countries.
Etisalat’s SmartHub provides advanced content, IPX, IX and high speed data services for its customers in the UAE and the region. The new partnership will also enable MTN Group to connect via a new route to Europe, beneficial to its large customer base in the Middle East.
Etisalat's SmartHub is a global communications hub facilitating direct routing of traffic between the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe.
Ali Amiri, executive vice president, Carrier & Wholesale Services, Etisalat, said: “We are delighted to have such a prestigious telecom group as MTN join the SmartHub community of operators and content providers. SmartHub is designed to provide our partners with a one stop shop for connectivity to the region.
“This partnership with MTN Group showcases the importance of the SmartHub as well as puts UAE in the limelight as the regional hub for telecom services. We look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship and enhancing customer experience.”
Jyoti Desai, group chief technology and information officer, MTN said: “Etisalat’s SmartHub is seen as an important hub in our bid to expand MTN’s world class global multi-services network, as it allows us to provide advanced communication services to our customers in the Middle East and Africa.
“The rising significance of UAE’s strategic position as the communication network hub for the Middle East and Africa region underpins the importance of this partnership in our expansion plan.”
- Thinner screen, tougher requirements? Why Apple suppliers are truly struggling to supply enough screens for next month's iphone 6 lauch
- On cloud 'nine' or more like...'seven': the GCC's clouding industry to grow seven-fold by 2020
- A truce on the fight for supremacy: Samsung, Apple declare a cease-fire on patent war
- Why app developers are thriving in the UAE
- Revealed: the $3 trillion threat
- Etisalat & Tata Communications introduce advanced communication services in UAE
- Etisalat Academy becomes Huawei regional training partner
- INTRACOM TELECOM signs framework agreement with Etisalat
- Etisalat Extends Its Customers’ Reach across USA, Canada and Latin America with Global Crossing
- UAE: Etisalat selects Huawei to build large scale commercial FTTH network