Leading African telecom provider partners with Etisalat
The South African-based MTN group has selected Etisalat SmartHub to extend its regional network reach in the Middle East (Courtesy of Ventures Africa)
Click here to add Ali Amiri as an alert
Disable alert for Ali Amiri,
Click here to add Carrier as an alert
Disable alert for Carrier,
Click here to add Carrier & Wholesale Services as an alert
Disable alert for Carrier & Wholesale Services,
Click here to add MTN Group as an alert
Disable alert for MTN Group
MTN Group, a leading emerging markets telecommunications provider, has selected Etisalat SmartHub to extend their regional network reach.
It will connect through Etisalat’s SmartHub at Fujairah CLS to expand its advanced data network capabilities. The South Africa-based multinational company operates in African, European and Middle Eastern countries.
Etisalat’s SmartHub provides advanced content, IPX, IX and high speed data services for its customers in the UAE and the region. The new partnership will also enable MTN Group to connect via a new route to Europe, beneficial to its large customer base in the Middle East.
Etisalat's SmartHub is a global communications hub facilitating direct routing of traffic between the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe.
Ali Amiri, executive vice president, Carrier & Wholesale Services, Etisalat, said: “We are delighted to have such a prestigious telecom group as MTN join the SmartHub community of operators and content providers. SmartHub is designed to provide our partners with a one stop shop for connectivity to the region.
“This partnership with MTN Group showcases the importance of the SmartHub as well as puts UAE in the limelight as the regional hub for telecom services. We look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship and enhancing customer experience.”
Jyoti Desai, group chief technology and information officer, MTN said: “Etisalat’s SmartHub is seen as an important hub in our bid to expand MTN’s world class global multi-services network, as it allows us to provide advanced communication services to our customers in the Middle East and Africa.
“The rising significance of UAE’s strategic position as the communication network hub for the Middle East and Africa region underpins the importance of this partnership in our expansion plan.”
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Etisalat Records its Largest Number of Roaming Launches
- Four Etisalat International operations joins its SmartHub IPX in UAE
- Etisalat Named Best Middle East Wholesale Provider for Third Consecutive Year At Capacity Awards
- Etisalat named Best Middle East Wholesale Provider for third consecutive year at Capacity Awards
- Samsung invites people to discover the world of possibilities at its Middle East and North Africa Forum 2013