Mubarak leaves for three-way meeting in Syria
President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt left Wednesday for Damascus to join Syria's President Bashar al-Assad and Jordan's King Abdallah II in inaugurating an electricity network between their countries, airport sources said.
The Egyptian presidency also said that the three leaders would discuss the Arab summit which is scheduled for March 27-28 in Amman.—AFP.
©--Agence France Presse 2001.
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Assad leaves Syria on way to Egypt
- Syria Warns Israel against 'Trickery' in Lebanon Pullout
- Egypt Denies Report on Three-Way Arab Summit
- Report: Ben Eliezer tells Mubarak Hizbullah '\'dragging Syria into war with Israel'\'
- Arab summit: Mubarak talks with Syrian, Sudanese leaders canceled as AL chief says ''calm diplomacy'' needed