Multi-million dollar deals signed at Arab Oil and Gas Show
The Arab Oil and Gas Show, (OGS) is currently being held at Airport Expo Dubai, until October 15, 2003. One of the exhibitors in the Russian delegation with activities spread across the Gulf region, United Metallurgical Company (UMC), which manufactures pipes for the oil and gas industry received two orders for 1,100 tons of pipes from two United Arab Emirates (UAE)-based companies.
“The first two days at OGS registered an estimated 2,500 visitors from all across the Middle East, Iran, the Indian sub-continent and even as far as Europe,” said Managing Director of IC&E, the organisers of the show, Anselm Godinho.
“We have received a very positive response from the industry professionals visiting the show,” said Marketing Director of UMC, Daniel Garduz. “We have also been negotiating with more than 30 companies from the UAE, Saudi Arabia, India and Malaysia, and we expect to strike some major deals within the remaining three days of the show. The show has also helped us establish long term relationships with the oil and gas industry in the Pan Arab region.”
Held every two years, OGS enables local and international suppliers to stage a comprehensive display of the latest technology and services to over 4,000 specialist visitors involved with the exploration, extraction, processing, storage and transportation of oil and gas. Over 2,500 companies from more than 30 countries have participated in the show since it began in 1984. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Signing of multi-million dollar deals and unveiling of latest technology marks OGS 2005
- Multi-Million Dollar Business Deals Signed at GULFOOD 2006
- Venture Gulf Signs A Multi-Million Dollar Commercial Vehicle Deal With NBK Automobiles
- Al-Faris Technologies signs $1.5 million deal with Al-Muzaini
- Desperate for an economic makeover, Egypt signs historic oil exploration deals with foreign firms