The Muscat Stock Exchange operates under an electronic trading system, with the use of a high technology system especially designed and developed for supporting stock exchanges. The system ensures the continuous development of the stock exchange by providing a fair and transparent market and by enabling full dissemination of information to all trading entities immediately.
The MSM is working towards separating the Exchange and the Depository from the Regulator. These will now be three separate organizations, each with their own Board of Directors.
The stock exchange has undergone recent restructuring to bring about the market closer to international standards of practice, where the norm is to have an independent regulator which is the regulating authority over the exchanges, self-regulatory organizations, and market participants. The Depository is now the Muscat Depository & Securities Registration Company, SAOC.
© 1969 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- The Wave, Muscat’s diverse range of properties and lifestyle options showcased at 2011 Muscat Festival
- The Wave, Muscat’s First Villa Launch In Two Years Reinforces Oman’s Real Estate Fundamentals
- Not a sham but a support act! Three Muscat-eers give Akon an Omani inside-edge
- Bank Muscat’s Profits Decline 4.4 Percent
- Muscat Securities Market adopts new electronic trading system