Muscat Securities Market shares rise on improved trading
The general index of the Muscat Securities Market (MSM) gained 0.40 per cent to close at 6509.94 points on Tuesday.
Market capitalisation increased by 0.16 per cent to reach RO13.02bn from RO13bn in the previous trading session. While a total of 57 stocks were traded, the market was positive with 26 advancing stocks to ten decliners. Twenty-one stocks closed unchanged.
The value of traded securities reached RO11.83mn as compared with RO5.81mn in the previous session, an increase of 103.55 per cent. Market volume increased by 50.63 per cent to 31.77mn securities traded.
Among the top gainers were Al Hassan Engineering (+4.00 per cent at 208bz), Oman Refreshment (+2.93 per cent at RO2.21), Global Financial Investment (+2.38 per cent at 129bz), Oman Flour Mills (+2.36 per cent at 650bz) and Al Anwar Holding (+2.30 per cent at 222bz).
Among the top losers were Al Batinah Dev Inv Holding (-3.39 per cent at 114bz), Dhofar Int Dev and Inv Holding (-1.95 per cent at 502bz), Al Jazeira Services (-1.02 per cent at 485bz), Al Jazeera Steel Products (-0.68 per cent at 293bz) and United Finance (-0.65 per cent at 154bz).
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue