Big time developer Nakheel opens first community retail mall in Dubai
Dubai developer Nakheel has officially opened Jumeirah Park Pavillion, the first of five community retail malls being built by the company across Dubai.
Jumeirah Park Pavilion, also the first new project to completed by Nakheel post-restructuring, is a 10,600 square metre retail and dining facility that will cater to residents in Jumeirah Park, Jumeirah Islands and Jumeirah Village communities.
The mall consists of 28 shops, restaurants and cafes, including a Geant Easy supermarket as the anchor store.
Nakheel is building similar malls at its other developments at Al Furjan, International City, Jumeirah Islands, Badrah and one at Discovery Gardens, which will open fully this month following a partial launch.
The real estate firm said it was planning to open more community centres in the future.
“Nakheel Pavilions are part of our commitment to enhancing and improving our communities with new services and facilities for the thousands of people who live in them,” said Rashid Ali Lootah, Nakheel chairman.
“They also promote economic, social and environmental sustainability, by creating jobs, bringing people together and cutting car use.”
Nakheel has been ramping up its retail portfolio with plans to build shopping malls at most of its major developments.
The property developer is building the Dhs2.5 billion Nakheel Mall and The Pointe Mall on Palm Jumeirah, as well as a mall and night market on its Deira Islands development.
Nakheel has also appointed international engineering consultancy Dar Al-Handasah to design one of its two malls at Jumeirah Village and is expanding some of its existing facilities such as Dragon Mart and Ibn Battuta Mall.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Dubai Mall opens with largest number of retailers in the world’s largest-ever mall opening
- Ibn Battuta Mall extends opening hours after listening to customers
- Fujairah City Centre to boost the Emirate’s retail sector with first-time brands and a diverse mix of international and local shopping options
- Vijay ‘Singhs’ Dubai’s praises during visit to Nakheel developments