NASDAQ Dubai’s equities traded value rises 52% in first half of 2010
The value of equities traded on NASDAQ Dubai rose by 52% in the first six months of 2010 to 728 million dollars, from 479 million dollars in the same period of 2009. Equities volumes fell by 10% to 1.58 billion shares in the same period, from 1.75 billion.
Measured by percentage change, both the value and volume figures were the best performing of any UAE stock exchange in the six-month period, compared to the same period in 2009.
Traded equities value on NASDAQ Dubai in the month of June 2010 fell by 19%, reaching 61 million dollars, compared to 75 million dollars in June 2009. Equities volumes in June 2010 were 123 million, 35% lower than the total of 189 million in June 2009. The June 2010 figures were also the best performing of the UAE’s stock exchanges, measured by percentage change from the year before.
Citigroup was the most active Member of the exchange by equities volume in the first six months of 2010, followed by Deutsche Bank and then HSBC. EFG Hermes was the most active regional Member during the period, followed by Arqaam Capital and then Shuaa Capital.
The FTSE Nasdaq Dubai UAE 20 index ended June 2010 at 1,516, down 8% from the end of May 2010 and 18% lower than at the start of the year.
The index tracks 20 stocks listed on Dubai Financial Market, the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange and NASDAQ Dubai. It has been designed as a hedging and investment mechanism for GCC and international investors.
- Is Islamic finance the sustainable banking model the banking world has been looking for?
- Less is more? In ironic twist, UAE's low income earners found to be saving more
- Egypt has a secret Swiss bank, except everyone knows about it
- Why is Jordan's inflation so high? These reasons may surprise you....
- The Middle East's lack of savings: a ticking time bomb?
- NASDAQ Dubai Equities Trading Value Rises 100% in First Four Months of 2010
- August 2010 Equities traded value rises 20% in first full month since outsourcing to DFM
- Equities traded value rises 30% in October using DFM’s trading platform
- NASDAQ Dubai Monthly Trading Report: February 2010 - Equities trading volumes rise 61%
- NASDAQ Dubai Monthly Trading Report: September 2010