National Australia Bank to Buy 80.1% Stake in Goldman Sachs Brokerage Unit
National Australia Bank announced that it will be buying an 80.1% stake in Goldman Sachs JBWere, the US-based investment bank's Australian private brokerage. The deal, worth A$99 million ($82 million), will be paid in Australian Dollars, but upon receipt, Goldman Sachs may convert the cash to US Dollars. Such a case would be positive for the greenback and may add life to the currency.
- Asian Stocks Surge Higher as Goldman Sachs Raises Toyota to Buy, Kirin Bids For Lion Nathan
- Seasoned investment expert explains financing for SMEs
- ANB’s net income rises 24 percent in first nine-months 2002
- ENI - sell real state properties to Goldman Sachs'
- Lending to Australian's Flat-Lined in February, But May Accelerate