New appointee at Emirates National Bank Dubai
Dubai night skyline (Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Click here to add Arjuna Mahendran as an alert
Disable alert for Arjuna Mahendran,
Click here to add Association of Southeast Asian Nations as an alert
Disable alert for Association of Southeast A ...,
Click here to add Board of Investments of Sri Lanka as an alert
Disable alert for Board of Investments of Sr ...,
Click here to add International Monetary Fund as an alert
Disable alert for International Monetary Fund,
Click here to add Ministry of Finance as an alert
Disable alert for Ministry of Finance,
Click here to add Oxford University as an alert
Disable alert for Oxford University,
Click here to add Pierre Pissaloux as an alert
Disable alert for Pierre Pissaloux,
Click here to add Wealth Management Division as an alert
Disable alert for Wealth Management Division,
Click here to add World Bank as an alert
Disable alert for World Bank
Emirates NBD has appointed Arjuna Mahendran Chief Investment Officer at the Wealth Management Division.
Mahendran has the mandate to significantly expand and deepen the bank's knowledge base and product offering on its leading wealth management platform, across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and beyond, said a media statement.
Pierre Pissaloux, General Manager - Wealth Management, Emirates NBD, said, "I am delighted to announce Arjuna Mahendran's appointment. He brings with him nearly 30 years of extensive experience in the financial services industry across Asia, and I am confident that in his role as Chief Investment Officer, he will assist the Wealth Management division to continue to grow from strength to strength."
Mahendran joins Emirates NBD from HSBC Private Bank, where he held the position of Managing Director and Chief Investment Strategist - Asia and Singapore Head of Investment Group Discretionary Asset Management. In this position, he was responsible for providing in-depth analysis of markets in the Asia Pacific region and driving research within the organisation.
"It is an exciting time to be in the Middle East as regional markets experience significant growth, in comparison to their global counterparts, and this is further underlined by MSCI's recent upgrade to Emerging Market status for UAE and Qatar," said Mahendran. "I am delighted to join the Emirates NBD Wealth Management Division at such an opportune time, and look forward to working with the team to continue to build on the success of the Wealth Management Division."
Prior to joining HSBC Private Bank, Mahendran was Chief Economist-Strategist at Credit Suisse Private Bank and before this, he held the position of Chairman/Director General for the Board of Investments of Sri Lanka. For his instrumental work here, he was named runner-up in Euromoney Strategic Direct Investor's 'CEO Lifetime Achievement Award' in 2003.
An Oxford University graduate, Mahendran has also worked as Director and Head of Economic Research for ASEAN and South Asia at SG Securities, as well as holding senior positions with the Central Bank and Ministry of Finance in Sri Lanka and working on World Bank and IMF funded projects.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- What's on? This week's big releases in the UAE
- Emirates NBD appoints Arjuna Mahendran Chief Investment Officer of Wealth Management Division
- Siegel+Gale Middle East Office Expands With Appointment Of New Strategist
- Emirates Bank International and National Bank of Dubai Announce Terms of their Proposed Merger - Merged bank to be called Emirates NBD PJSC
- Motorola expands university relations to hire national graduates across Middle East and Africa