New causeway project for Bahrain Financial Harbour and Bahrain Bay
Work is to begin soon on a new BD25 million causeway project which will provide dedicated road access to the Bahrain Financial Harbour (BFH) and Bahrain Bay (BB).
According to the GDN, the Works and Housing Ministry has engaged Boskalis Westminster Middle East to carry out the construction of the causeway, said assistant under-secretary for roads Essam Khalaf.
Mr Khalaf said the Works and Housing Ministry had also engaged international consultants Hyder Consulting Middle East to undertake supervision of the reclamation and rock armouring works of the causeway.
The causeway comprises the import of about two million cubic metres of dredged marine sand to form a reclamation platform to build the highway.
- Concrete linkages: ‘terrestrial’ causeway to link Kingdom and Bahrain
- Tunis Bay Financial Harbour Project Company signs land purchase agreement for TFH
- Bahrain: New financial packages for housing project
- Reclamation work at Bahrain Financial Harbour to start
- Deal signed for new project at Bahrain Financial Harbour