New EMC Celerra NS600 delivers NAS features in mid-tier package
The Middle East operations of EMC Corporation announced regional launch of the EMC Celerra NS600 network server, combining in one integrated package Celerra's enterprise network attached storage (NAS) features with the high availability of EMC CLARiiON storage systems.
The EMC Celerra NS600 is a mid-sized NAS system that marries the functionality of EMC's enterprise NAS operating system, Data Access In Real Time (DART), with the CLARiiON storage architecture. Optimized for superior price and performance, the Celerra NS600's inherent high availability offers an alternative to the complex add-on clustering found in today's mid-tier NAS solutions.
Extremely flexible, the Celerra NS600 can be configured in two different modes – one for high availability and one for maximum performance – and can easily be converted from one mode to the other as business needs evolve. When configured for maximum performance, the NS600 more than doubles the I/Os per second of comparable NAS solutions. When operating in high availability mode, the NS600 is priced at nearly half that of comparable NAS solutions, while maintaining superior price/performance.
EMC Corporation provides information storage systems, software, networks and services, providing automated networked storage solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to better manage, protect and share their information. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- EMC EXTENDS STORAGE LEADERSHIP WITH NEW SYSTEMS AND CAPABILITIES
- EMC expands #1 position in external disk storage systems, analyst firm reports
- EMC introduces new EMC Clariion cx4 series with next generation architecture
- EMC Advises Regional Enterprises on Intelligent Data Protection for Second Half 2006
- EMC UNVEILS NEW STORAGE AND VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGIES THAT EXTEND BENEFITS OF ILM