New funds for construction of Jamrat project
Eight Saudi and foreign banks have offered to pay SR1.5 billion in loans to fund the SR4 billion Jamrat expansion project in Mina, which is being undertaken by the Saudi Binladin Group.
The new bridge is designed to hold more than three million pilgrims. The project will be completed in four phases.
According to Arab News, the new bridge will have ten entrances distributed on the four levels plus the ground floor to accommodate the pilgrims coming from different directions.
There will be three main tunnels for transporting vehicles.
- Work on Jamrat project advancing
- Mecca under construction: Saudi Arabia slashes number of pilgrims due to expansion project
- Bahra cables supplies cables to Al Mashaar Makkah metro project for SR50 Million
- Elevated electric train project to be established in Madinah
- Construction of Mana Ma-Doha bridge could be postponed