New ideas to expand car parking space in Manama
Plans to expand car parking space in Manama are now under study, according to Manama Municipal Council vice-chairman Tariq Al Shaikh.
Ideas raised so far include allowing building owners to add one storey to their property if they include an extra floor for parking.
According to GDN, a committee is now being formed to investigate the issue and will include representatives from the council, the General Directorate of Traffic and the Works and Housing Ministry's Roads Directorate and Traffic Engineering and Planning Department.
Another option is to buy private land and convert it into car parks.
- Bahrain: Bid to buy government-owned land to build new park
- Mall of the Emirates simplifies shopping experience with car park improvements
- We all know somebody who wants to buy a new car, a second hand or even trade in their car for a newer model or a different brand.
- Bahrain: Tameer buys land in southern Manama
- DWC Business Park partners with key business groups to highlight world-class features & facilities