New projects to boost Iraq electricity production
Iraq's minister of electricity, Dr. Ayahm Alsamerae, said that a new contract to be implemented by a foreign company will increase the national production capacity.
Alsamerae revealed, according to Azzaman newspaper, that the foreign company will construct huge stations to generate electricity. These station will be owned by the firms, while the ministry will buy the electricity.
Alsamerae stressed that his ministry is working hard to find solutions to overcome shortages. However, he pointed out that the ministry has worked out plans to attract companies to implement new electricity projects.
- GE Technology supports mass global to boost efficiency, output of northern Iraq power generation capacity
- DEWA strengthens infrastructure with new project to extend cable network for transmitting 132 KV power
- GCC Power 2010 to underscore Gulf’s global leadership in electricity production
- New Egyptian Plan to Boost Production
- Lebanon: Energy Ministry to issue tenders for $1.2 billion electricity project