New Rabat-Tangier highway open for traffic
The new extension of the Asilah-Sidi El-Yamani Highway is now open for traffic. The 15 kilometer freeway linking Rabat to Tangier cost 440 million Moroccan dirhams ($41 million) to complete, reported the North African Journal.The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) financed 86 percent of the new highway and the remaining 14 percent was funded by Morocco’s Societe Nationale des autoroutes du Maroc.
IDB consists of 53 member-countries, with each country being a member of the Organization of the Islamic Conference. The purpose of the Bank is to foster the economic development and social progress of member countries and Muslim communities individually as well as jointly in accordance with the principles of Shari'ah Law. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)