New service allows registration of Arabic URLs
US-headquartered Millennium Inc., which launched the ArabicDomainName.com service, has started accepting online registration of Arabic domain names. Arabic speaking consumers can now browse and reach web sites using Arabic characters only. The service is being provided using NativeNames.net advanced multilingual technology.
According to a company statement, the Native Names Domain name system is a robust technical solution that is able to coexist with the current system without disruption, and is capable of offering multilingual domain across all commonly used Internet protocols like http, ftp, email, telnet, gopher etc.
"So far NativeNames.net is the best working Arabic Solution and that is why we adopted it for our customers,” said Asaad Yahya Alnajjar, the CEO and president of Millennium Inc. “Full 100 percent Arabic e-mail will be available and offered by summer 2001."
Jarallah Al-Jarallah, of NativeNames.net, said: "Our goal is to develop Internet names solution that would make the Internet home for people of all languages. We have developed our technology keeping in mind the long-term implications of standards-settings and we are confident that our proven technology will stand the test of time "
Millennium, a privately held Delaware corporation, specializes in advertising, networking, and worldwide marketing of technology solutions and products directed to the Arabic-language market. — (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Arabic domain names: Staking claims to newly found cyber-territory
- Keeping it Arab: Mideast 'domain' can say bye to .com and hello to shabaka
- Blue Coat PacketShaper appliances deliver intelligent control with industry's first classification of Web applications and content by URL category
- trend micro warns of fast-moving web threat spreading from thousands of compromised web domains and urls in italy and around the world
- TRA launches new campaign to increase .ae registration