New SWISS airline offers special GCC fares
Celebrating the launch of Swiss, Switzerland's new national carrier, the airline has announced the introduction of special fares for Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) residents traveling to Europe and the United States this summer.
SWISS integrates two airlines—Crossair and Swissair—to form the new national airline for Switzerland. The new Swiss airline, which was officially launched on March 26 with the introduction of the summer flight timetable, will have a total fleet of 128 planes operating to 122 destinations in 60 countries.
The special launch promotion is available on flights between April 7-May 31, 2002. Commenting on the new airline, SWISS Area Manager for the Gulf Felix Rodel said: “The Gulf region will witness the launch of the inaugural flight, fitted with the new brand identity and livery, in the first week of April. In line with the inaugural celebrations we will offer our customers in this region special fares to some of our key destinations.”
SWISS will continue to operate daily flights from Dubai and three weekly flights from Abu Dhabi to the airline's hub in Zurich. SWISS will operate a total of 31 weekly flights from the region, including daily flights from Dubai, six weekly flights from Cairo, four weekly flights from Karachi, three weekly flights from Riyadh, Muscat, Tehran and Abu Dhabi, and two weekly flights from Jeddah. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- SWISS suspends Zurich-Abu Dhabi route
- Etihad launches special promotion fares
- SWISS offers special fares to Switzerland and Europe for Spring and Summer
- SWISS rolls out special fares to Switzerland and Europe this Summer
- Delta Air Lines to open new city ticket office in Kuwait City and offers special fare on new nonstop service between Kuwait City and Atlanta, USA