Nine cement plants under construction in Iran
The Iranian government is currently overseeing the construction of nine new cement plants throughout its provinces. The factories are expected to have a total production capacity of 5.3 million tons of cement per annum, reported government officials.
According to the Director General of the Provincial Industries and Mines Department, Abbas Safakish, construction of the Saveh Portland Cement plant began in June and the Darab Cement facility has a target date of operation set for this fall.
Iran’s first cement plant was set up in 1935. Production is now carried out in the nation’s various provinces, with the largest plants located in Fars and Khuzestan, producing 992,000 and 1.1 million tons of cement a year respectively. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Positive outlook on the UAE cement sector. We recommend a “HOLD” on Fujairah Cement stock.
- Positive outlook on the UAE cement sector. However, we recommend a “HOLD” on RAK Cement stock
- Iran to Build Cement Plants in Syria, Libya and Bangladesh
- New location for plant, construction machinery, vehicles event brings expanding Big 5 mega show under one roof in Dubai
- Official: Nine Million Iranians Burdened by Illiteracy