Nine international firms applied for $900 million Kuwaiti aromatics contract
Some nine international firms applied to pre-qualify for an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) tender to construct a petrochemical plant in Shuaiba, Kuwait. The deadline for submission was February, 7, 2004, reported MEED.
The bidders for the $900 million contract to construct the aromatics complex are US-based Foster Wheeler, Japan’s JGC, Italy’s Tecnimont, France’s Technip, and South Korea’s Daelim Industrial, Hyundai Engineering and Construction, SK Engineering & Construction and LG Engineering & Construction.
Production capacity will be 650,000 tons of benzene and paraxylene and 500,000 tons of monomers annually. The feedstock will be 5.2 million tons per year of naphtha, which will be supplied by the Kuwait National Petroleum Company. Production is due to begin in 2007.
The Shuaiba aromatics complex will be 80 percent owned by Kuwait’s Petrochemical Industries Corporation (PIC). The remaining 20 percent will be in the hands of local investors.
Shuaiba is a major petrochemical development and export center for Kuwait. It has been the focus of more than one project by Union Carbide, now owned wholly by Dow Chemicals, and PIC over a period of years, as well as activity by other companies. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Mashreq posts 28% growth in net profit for the first nine months of 2012
- Kuwaiti Oil Minister Optimistic on Parliament’s Approval of Oil Bill
- Kuwaiti Parliament Demands Approval Of All Oil Deals
- Oil minister quits, as Kuwait’s oil sector opens to world industry
- Oman Oil Company to construct US$ 956 million Aromatics Complex