No longer on edge: Samsung S6 Edge sold out from Dubai's shelves
Inspired by the works of glassblowers and artisan metalsmiths, the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge represents a seamless fusion of glass and metal (image: on file).
Click here to add Deepak Babani as an alert
Disable alert for Deepak Babani,
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai,
Click here to add Eros Group as an alert
Disable alert for Eros Group,
Click here to add Hitachi as an alert
Disable alert for Hitachi,
Click here to add Samsung as an alert
Disable alert for Samsung,
Click here to add TCL and Linksys as an alert
Disable alert for TCL and Linksys
Smartphone fans in the UAE snapped up the latest Samsung mobile units in Dubai, clearing the shelves of one distributor within just a couple of days.
Eros Group, the lone distributor of Samsung, Hitachi, TCL and Linksys said on Wednesday that it has sold out 22,000 units of Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge within the first two days of its launch in the UAE.
“Our first allotment of 22,000 units have been completely sold out and we are waiting for the second lot. The second allotment is expected to arrive in the next couple of days,” said Deepak Babani, CEO of Eros Group.
Babani said there are more UAE residents inquiring about the Samsung S6 Edge than S6 units. He said they will face a shortage of the S6 model if the trend continues.
“Inquiries for the S6 Edge were more than S6 with 65 per cent for the Edge and 35 per cent for the S6 model. If the same ratio continues in the UAE, we may face shortage for the S6 edge model.”
Inspired by the works of glassblowers and artisan metalsmiths, the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge represents a seamless fusion of glass and metal.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are the world’s first phones with a dual-edge display. Equipped with a 5.1” Quad HD (2560 x 1440) Super AMOLED display, the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge promises to provide an "impeccably sharp viewing experience".
The phones’ 5-megapixel front and 16-megapixel rear cameras feature optical image stabilisation, fast tracking auto focus and an f1.9 aperture. Samsung’s fast charging technology also offers four hours of use with just ten minutes of charging. These and a host of other features are a further improvement on the earlier series.
“Samsung has continuously evolved its product technology through user inspired innovation to make its mark as the world’s number one mobile manufacturer. At Eros Group, we have shared the Samsung vision for over 20 years and are committed to respond to the growing demands of our customers in the UAE and continuously strive to keep our finger on the consumer’s pulse,” said Babani.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge
- No plastic! Why Samsung got 'a lot right' when it comes to the new S6
- What’s the scoop on the iPhone 7?
- SAMSUNG launches the new line-up of Refrigerators and Washing Machines in KSA
- Empty shelves mark No Tobacco Day in Dubai
- Ford to parade strongest line up ever with all-new Fusion and ecoSport debuts at next week’s Dubai Motor Show