'Noble' economics prize winners are best match
The academy added, “This years prize is awarded for an outstanding example of economic engineering.”
Their work specializes in how best to match different economic agents, such as a student to school or transplant patient with donor.
Compared to previous years, commentators have said that the award going to Roth and Lloyd has reflected more practical application than most award-calls.
The duo worked independently of one another but will be clubbing together to share the SEK 8 million ($1.2 million) prize.
- Malnourished economy: global hunger leading to $2 trillion loss in world GDP
- Going green: UAE looks to save Dh6.98b a year by 2030 with renewable energy
- Diversify and dump the slump in the GCC
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Frozen: Arab Spring economies barely trading with one another