'Noble' economics prize winners are best match
The academy added, “This years prize is awarded for an outstanding example of economic engineering.”
Their work specializes in how best to match different economic agents, such as a student to school or transplant patient with donor.
Compared to previous years, commentators have said that the award going to Roth and Lloyd has reflected more practical application than most award-calls.
The duo worked independently of one another but will be clubbing together to share the SEK 8 million ($1.2 million) prize.
- Why the Egyptian government and activists are just not seeing eye-to-eye on labour reforms
- Is the Saudi economy going to be unpredictable in H2?
- Abu Dhabi's economy and investors are happy because growth continues
- The clever's mistake: why a (good) candidate should be hired despite an odd typo
- Stability and jobs lead to a healthy housing market in Bahrain