'Noble' economics prize winners are best match
The academy added, “This years prize is awarded for an outstanding example of economic engineering.”
Their work specializes in how best to match different economic agents, such as a student to school or transplant patient with donor.
Compared to previous years, commentators have said that the award going to Roth and Lloyd has reflected more practical application than most award-calls.
The duo worked independently of one another but will be clubbing together to share the SEK 8 million ($1.2 million) prize.
- OPEC exports largest share of petroleum to Asian and Pacific countries in 2013
- High demand for gold spurs trade across GCC
- Is trust the only missing ingredient from Egypt's economic reform recipe?
- Explain this, Mr. Erdogan: Israel-Turkey trade ties booming amidst Gaza crisis
- Kuwait: the GCC's underachiever?