'Noble' economics prize winners are best match
The academy added, “This years prize is awarded for an outstanding example of economic engineering.”
Their work specializes in how best to match different economic agents, such as a student to school or transplant patient with donor.
Compared to previous years, commentators have said that the award going to Roth and Lloyd has reflected more practical application than most award-calls.
The duo worked independently of one another but will be clubbing together to share the SEK 8 million ($1.2 million) prize.
- More trade dialogue urged between Oman and Iran
- Mission impossible? IMF says Jordan needs 7 percent growth to fight poverty and unemployment
- Saudi's strong non-oil growth in February may signal new economic era for KSA
- Worth a gasp? Abu Dhabi’s inflation already up 2.1% in 2014's first two months
- What's the attraction? IIF says UAE’s economic stability wooing foreign capital investment