'Noble' economics prize winners are best match
The academy added, “This years prize is awarded for an outstanding example of economic engineering.”
Their work specializes in how best to match different economic agents, such as a student to school or transplant patient with donor.
Compared to previous years, commentators have said that the award going to Roth and Lloyd has reflected more practical application than most award-calls.
The duo worked independently of one another but will be clubbing together to share the SEK 8 million ($1.2 million) prize.
- The tip of the iceberg: Gaza War to 'leave a dent' in the Israeli economy
- Starting with fewer power cuts, what has Eid brought to the Egyptian economy?
- From escaping to winning: the story of the Lebanese who are 'making it big' in Brazil
- A will with no way: Egypt's charitable spirit dampened with economic hardship
- OPEC exports largest share of petroleum to Asian and Pacific countries in 2013