Not all plain sailing in the Suez Canal
The Suez Canal is a big earner for the Egyptian government
Revenues from Egypt's Suez Canal slipped to $435.3 million in September, down from 2.5 per cent the month before, state figures showed on Wednesday.
August revenues from the Canal were $446.6 million. In September 2011 they were $438.3 million.
The waterway is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians overseas.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?