Not all plain sailing in the Suez Canal
The Suez Canal is a big earner for the Egyptian government
Revenues from Egypt's Suez Canal slipped to $435.3 million in September, down from 2.5 per cent the month before, state figures showed on Wednesday.
August revenues from the Canal were $446.6 million. In September 2011 they were $438.3 million.
The waterway is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians overseas.
- Tourism is the real target of the Tunisia attacks: industry set to suffer
- FIFA scandal probe: No deaths in 2022 World Cup construction, Qatar says
- The UAE harnesses the power of celebrity endorsements
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts