Not all plain sailing in the Suez Canal
The Suez Canal is a big earner for the Egyptian government
Revenues from Egypt's Suez Canal slipped to $435.3 million in September, down from 2.5 per cent the month before, state figures showed on Wednesday.
August revenues from the Canal were $446.6 million. In September 2011 they were $438.3 million.
The waterway is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians overseas.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects