Not all plain sailing in the Suez Canal
The Suez Canal is a big earner for the Egyptian government
Revenues from Egypt's Suez Canal slipped to $435.3 million in September, down from 2.5 per cent the month before, state figures showed on Wednesday.
August revenues from the Canal were $446.6 million. In September 2011 they were $438.3 million.
The waterway is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians overseas.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment