Number of Omani manpower working in private sector growing
The number of Omani manpower working in the private sector and registered with the Public Authority for Social Insurance (PASI) were put at 97,178 employees in November 2005, compared to 87,64 employees by the end of 2004, in an increase of 11.6%.
The statistical bulletin issued by Ministry of National Economy, and cited by ONA, showed a decline in the total number of expatriates employed by private sector by the end of November 2005 at a rate of 0.9%, whereas, their total number was 420,565, compared to 424,319 employees during 2004.
The number of expatriates at the housemaid sector increased by 4.9%, whereas the number of expatriates stood at 55,500. The increase in the number of expatriates manpower in hotel and restaurants sector was estimated at 7.9%, whit the total number of expatriates hits 24,400. As for health and social labour sector the total number of expatriates increased by 6.9%.
- Oman: Number of national employees in private sector up by 5.4%
- Minister: 580,000 expatriates working in Oman private sector
- Morocco: Number of tourists up by 6% from January through July 2005
- Yemen tourism growth chances dashed by political turmoil
- Palestine: Number of building licenses issued up by 25.6%