Number of tourists in Oman's Dhofar Governorate on rise
The number of tourists in Oman's Dhofar Governorate during the period from 21st June to 9th August reached 133,000 compared to 96,000 tourists during the same period of last year. According to ONA, this rise indicates the success of the tourism promotional campaign, mainly in the Gulf and Arab countries.
Dhofar Governorate is distinguished this year for its Khareef weather with rain and greenaries at the plains and mountains, in addition to springs and water falls.
Many tourists enjoy travelling at these areas around the city of Salalah.
Dhofar Governorate becomes more attractive cduring Khareef season due to the blowing cold winds at all places.
In addition, many caves exist in this governorate, including “Sahoor”, "Ain Hamran” caves as well as “Wadi Darbar and Naheez” caves. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- 200,000 tourists visit Oman's Governorate of Dhofar
- 2011 Khareef Festival in Oman to draw international visitors to wealth of family-centered activities
- OCTAL welcomes OCCI Salalah branch officials to explore new growth opportunities for local businesses in Dhofar
- Algeria reports 14.5% rise in number of tourists
- Oman’s Ministry of Tourism prepares for influx of summer visitors to the city of Salalah