Official: Arab and foreign firms interested in Syrian insurance market
Director General of the Supervisory Board on Insurance in Syria, Dr. Abdullatif Abboud, on Tuesday stressed that more than 10 Arab and foreign insurance companies are expected to apply for licenses to establish private-owned insurance companies in the country.
"Representatives of several Arab and foreign firms have visited Syria since issuing the law of insurance, and all of them expressed clear desire to enter Syria’s insurance market", Abboud said in a statement published Tuesday by al-Thawra daily newspaper.
He added that the Orient Company which is affiliated to al-Futaim Group in the UAE, Al-Arabia Company from Beirut, AXA Company and UFA company, in addition to Qatari companies expressed their desire to invest and work in Syria.
Abboud underlined that discussions were held between representatives of insurance companies and an Italian mediation on Italy’s ability to carry out investments in the insurance sector in Syria.
- Investment in the Syrian insurance market
- Tunisia’s largest private bank divests interest in insurance firm
- Study shows rising foreign insurance companies in ME
- BUILDEX 2010 ends on high note as regional & international participants affirm strong interest in Syrian construction & investment sectors
- AXA Insurance applies for a trading license in Qatar