Official data: Suez Canal revenues decline
An official report published by the Egyptian government information center, has indicated that Suez Canal revenues declined by 8.2% in June 2010. During this month, the Canal has achieved revenues of US$7.383 billion as the total number of vessels crossing the Suez Canal reached 1482 compared to 1562 vessels in May, i.e. a 1.5% drop.
The report revealed also a decline in employment opportunities during June by 6.15% compared to May. The report said the number of jobs went down from about 6,280 jobs in May to about 4,230 jobs just in June.
- Is it a bird, is it a plane? It's Etihad's first superjumbo jet! Airway's Airbus A380 takes off next week
- Egypt's old taxis get a white-washing: Government pours 1.5 bn EGP into white cab project
- Saudia gets an early Christmas present?! New Boeing 777-300ER to supplement Saudi flagship airline
- $280 billion later: Middle East airlines' plane ordering binge to slowdown
- A whole new GDP: Dubai's aviation sector stands at $26.7 billion