Experts predict a bumper 2013 for the oil industry
A man inspects a natural gas pipe in Bahrain
Click here to add Capital Club in Bahrain as an alert
Disable alert for Capital Club in Bahrain,
Click here to add Dawood Nassif as an alert
Disable alert for Dawood Nassif,
Click here to add Mohammed Al Dandani as an alert
Disable alert for Mohammed Al Dandani,
Click here to add Sameera Rajab as an alert
Disable alert for Sameera Rajab,
Click here to add Saudi Makamin as an alert
Disable alert for Saudi Makamin,
Click here to add Shaikh Mohamed bin Khalifa Al Khalifa as an alert
Disable alert for Shaikh Mohamed bin Khalifa ...
This year is likely to be a better one than last year for the oil industry, said experts after an in-depth discussion on the oil and gas industry hosted at the Capital Club in Bahrain.
Three of Bahrain's influential experts provided a market review, outlook, developments and challenges; and shed light on the investment climate for the region's primary industry, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The panel consisted of industry leaders, including nogaholding chief executive Shaikh Mohamed bin Khalifa Al Khalifa, Bapco strategy and business development general manager Dr Dawood Nassif and Saudi Makamin general manager Mohammed Al Dandani.
The general consensus of the panel was that 2013 is expected to improve slightly compared to last year, with the exception of Europe, said the report.
Several game-changers in the industry are anticipated to help stabilise the energy process, including shale gas, tight oil and liquefied natural gas, and several initiatives in terms of oil and gas projects are being launched in Bahrain.
Capital Club's monthly Business Forum series focuses on topics that affect the business community.
The next event on March 26 will tackle the business of the media, featuring Minister of State for Information Affairs Sameera Rajab.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- GE highlights broad spectrum of advanced technologies for oil & gas industry at Middle East Turbomachinery Symposium in Qatar
- Capital Club hosts oil & gas forum with industry experts
- Libyan oil industry makes startling recovery
- Expert: Privatization of Arab Oil Industry is Risky
- OPEC predicts weaker oil demand for 2013