Oman Air revenues up 16 percent in 2002
Oman Air, the national airline of the Sultanate of Oman, has reported 39 million Omani riyals ($101 million) revenues in financial year 2002. This represents a 16 percent increase compared to the precious FY2001. At the same time, operation and aircraft ownership costs were cut by 20 percent.
The Muscat-based flag carrier transported 848,000 passengers, also representing a 16 percent increase over the 2001 figures. As part of Oman Air’s fleet expansion program, the airline received in July 2002 its latest Boeing Next-Generation 737 aircraft.
Commencing operations in 1993, the Oman Air is 34 percent state-owned, with the remaining 66 percent held by Omani individuals and corporate shareholders. The carrier’s fleet currently includes two Airbus A320-325s. Two ATR 42-500s and three Fokker F-27-500 operate on short-haul routes.
Oman Air operates to international and domestic destinations including Abu Dhabi, Al-Ain, Chennai, Dhaka, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Khasab, Kuwait, Kochi, Mumbai, Salalah and Trivandrum. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)