One sweet deal: Oman to award $65 billion in EPC contracts in next five years
Oman will award engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts worth $65 billion in the next five years, according to experts.
These projects include the proposed refinery and petrochemical project at Duqm and a nation-wide railway project, said Madhu Pillai, project director of Kentz Engineering International. He was addressing the third annual EPC projects summit, which was attended by more than 120 international EPC professionals.
Organised by IQPC and Global Exhibitions & Conferences, the summit explores four key themes, including pricing of EPC project, challenges faced by both EPC contractor and project owner during execution, analysing best practices in contracting and procurement strategies and in country value and local community contractors and risk management for EPC projects.
International EPC contractors were represented by key speakers from Samsung Heavy Industries, China HuanQiu Contracting and Engineering, Maire Tecnimont, Saipem, Reliance Engineering Grouop, SNC Lavalin Arabia, Kentz Engineering International and Technip.
Petroleum Development Oman, Duqm Reginery and Petrochemical Industries, Saudi Aramco, ADCO, Lukoil, Yanbu Aramco Sinopec Refining, Abu Dhabi Gas Liquefaction Company and Abu Dhabi Oil Refining Company represented the regional oil and gas companies and shared their personal experience of EPC contracts, working on mega-projects and managing stakeholders.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- New regulations key to financing $159 billion worth of MENA contracts
- Sweet Homes awards AED 450 million construction contract to Master Civil Construction
- KBR awarded contract for ConocoPhillips / Saudi Aramco Yanbu export refinery project
- New housing contracts awarded in Oman
- Qatar Petroleum spent more than QR1.5bn on local procurements in five years