Oman: Fixed line tender awarded
The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) announced today the winning bid submitted to obtain Class One Full Fixed Public Telecommunications Services in Oman. A statement issued by TRA this morning reported that PCCW - Awaser Oman Consortium achieved the highest marks in the technical and commercial evaluation as well as the financial bid. TRA endorsement will be forwarded to the Minister of Transport and Communications after all the necessary requirements are met by the winning Consortium pursuant to the tender terms and conditions.
The statement clarified that the winning Consortium is given 15 working days to honor their obligation before TRA in accordance with the Information Memorandum.
According to the statement, this is regarded as a milestone in the Sultanate’s liberalization policy of the telecommunications sector. The statement further emphasized that TRA has been committed to the principles of transparency, clarity and equality throughout the entire stages of the bidding process.
- Telecommunications Regulatory Authority issues statement on the use of VPN to clarify media reports
- Petroleum Development Oman accepting tenders via the internet
- Oman to announce in October winner of integrated fixed public telecom licence
- PSTN lines in the Arab World continue their decline in 2009.
- Oman Awards Two Contracts to Expand Telecommunications