Two luxury hotels scheduled to open in Oman by 2017
Oman is likely to soon award contracts for the construction of two hotels in the precinct of the planned Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre (OCEC), an official was quoted as saying.
The five-star and four-star hotels are scheduled to open by the end of 2016 or early 2017, said a report in Oman Daily Observer.
Tenders submitted by various contractors are currently being evaluated and the results will soon be intimated, said Ahmed El Hassan, senior project manager, Oman Convention and Exhibition Centre, in the Observer report.
Upon completion these hotels will offer more than 1,000 rooms, the report said.
Contractors have also been asked submit tenders by the beginning of May for the construction of the 3,200-seater lyric-style tiered auditorium, 2 banquet halls, ball rooms, two meeting rooms and the associated facilities of the centre.
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence wraps up a successful participation in ATM 2015
- The reality of realty: inbound property investments in GCC 'far less' than outbound
- Dubai's hospitality sector is a sound investment
- Quiet and wise: How Oman is transforming itself into a major logistics hub
- Revealed: the top real estate tycoons in the ME
- Luxury, Swiss style: Mövenpick announces new hotels in Saudi, Morocco
- Massive Oman convention center to open in 2016
- Welcome to Oman! Hotel surge promises 3,000 additional rooms by close of 2014
- INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS & RESORTS CONTINUES GLOBAL EXPANSION IN 2006 NINE NEW HOTELS SCHEDULED TO OPEN IN KEY MARKETS AROUND THE WORLD
- Viceroy to add two more luxury hotels under its belt in Dubai