Oman: Rusail Industrial Estate to expand
Eng. Hamad bin Salim al Harthy, Director General of Rusail Industrial Estate (RIE) said that the region has acquired about 200,000 square meters new expansions at Al Misfat area to meet the increasing needs of the investors who are interested to set up their projects at the RIE during the forthcoming period.
In a statement to Oman News Agency (ONA), al Harthy said that the survey for the new expansion and additions which is expected to be acquired from the Omani Ministry of Housing in addition to the 97,000 square meters is underway. The goal of this survey is to identify the number of land plots that will be included in the new expansion so that they can be distributed according to sectors, utilities, services and infrastructure that will be set up in the expansion area, he explained.
Discussions related to getting the land plot behind the Food Reserve Stores of the Ministry of Defence (300,000sq meters) and annex it to Rusayl Industrial Estate is underway, he added. The total area of Rusayl Industrial Estate is currently 320 hectares, accommodating 140 factories that exports their different products to the AGCC markets and various countries of the world, he noted.
Close to 20 factories are now making expansions for their production, equipment and land size.
- Nuhas Oman copper subsidiary begins trial production in August
- Oman to privatize Salalah Electricity Station
- Cluttons in Oman, rising government income and Omani salaries leading to increased health of retail and industrial sectors
- Omani Exports of Industrial Products Expanded
- engel & voelkers expands into oman for greater middle east presence