Oman: Wave sales centre opens
The Wave tourist project is one of the mega investment projects meant to attract tourists to the Sultanate,” Sayyid Ali bin Hamoud al-Busaidi, Oman's Minister of the Diwan of Royal Court said.
According to ONA, he said after opening the Omani waterfront project (The Wave)’s sales centre that this "promising project extends on 7km and includes several tourist utilities." He added these utilities include a golf court, hotels, residential complexes and others.
Rajha bint Abdul-Ameer, Tourism Minister said this project represents a kick-off of the integrated tourism projects. She noted that there is wide response to purchase the project utilities, adding that ownership is open to Omanis, Gulf citizens and other nationalities.
On his part, Abdullah bin Abbas, President of Muscat Municipality and chairman of the board of the Waterfront Investments noted the residential units and the golf court will be complete by 2007.
The US $ 806 million wave project is a joint venture comprising Oman’s Waterfront Investments which represent the Sultanate’s government, the National Investment Fund company which represents the Omani Pension Fund and the UAE’s Majid Al-Fateem Investments.
The project which overlooks the Gulf of Oman near the Seeb International Airport occupies a total areas of 2,500,000 square meters along 7km of natural beaches. It involves infrastructure development and site improvement which will encompass 18 hole green golf course, 300 berth marina, 4 luxury hotels, villas, retail and restaurant outlets.
- The Wave Muscat to welcome first nursery in September 2014
- Tourist information centres open in Oman
- Oman’s premier marina development The Wave, Muscat, strengthens Mourjan Marinas IGY’s growing portfolio of major projects in the Middle East
- The Wave, Muscat showcases integrated tourism project to Kuwaiti investors and home buyers
- Volvo subsidiary opens strategic regional distribution centre for parts and services in Jafza