Online Advertising Market Value of the Arab World Forecasted to Reach US$ 266 million by 2013
The online advertising market in the Arab world is currently worth SAR205 million (US$ 56 million), however, it is expected to grow substantially to touch nearly SAR976 million (US$ 266 million) by 2013. This will be backed by increased broadband penetration especially driven largely in Saudi Arabia and Egypt .
Enhanced broadband penetration would result in growth in areas of online advertising, social media and mobile applications. On the social media front, Saudi Arabia boasts 2.3 million Facebook users , while Twitter recorded 11 percent users in 2009 .
“The three successful fundamentals to build an online brand are digital operations, technical development and brand protection and growth. Localization to the market in the region is vital, therefore, multi-lingual websites, communication strategies and distribution is what will truly define success,” explains Terry Kane, Director of Digital Strategy, Jumeirah Group and speaker at the first Saudi Brand and Communications Summit 2010.
The summit will showcase region-specific case studies while highlighting key issues such as ‘Building an Online Brand’, ‘Differentiating a Brand’, ‘Customer as Brand Advocate’ and ‘Successful Communication Channels’ among others.
Shadi Bakhour, Director Sales and Marketing, Saudi Xerox said: “Brand differentiation is a key strategy to develop a successful brand. It is imperative that companies invest in research and development of a brand. The economic crisis is a good test of how strong is your brand. Strong brands hold credibility, reliability, durability, and integrity elements and are less affected by downturns.”
Eminent speakers such as brand guru, Vahid Mehrinfar, Mohamed El Fatatry, CEO, Muxlim, Yasser Al – Kharobi, Head of Corporate Marketing, Rotana Group and Tarik Hamou Hadi, Vice President Sales, Marketing And Innovation, Savola Foods among others will deliberate on building successful brands.
The event will witness participation from over 150 key branding and communications key decision makers. The Riyadh Chamber of Commerce and Industry is the strategic partner for the four-day Summit. The workshops will elucidate the power of branding in the Kingdom and successful implementation strategies.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Arab Facebook users reach 27.7 million while active Twitter users touch 1.1 million
- Online Advertising Spend in the Middle East Expected to Touch AED977 Million in 2013
- Digitizing the Middle East: Why Google thinks online advertising will change the Arab market
- Egypt’s investments in IT valued at $238 million
- UBA expects substantial growth in regional digital surveillance market