Middle East football fans get a chance at becoming investors
THIS May, football enthusiasts across the Middle East will have the unique opportunity to participate in the business of football by investing in the region’s only online retail shop dedicated to football products.
KooraBazar.com, dubbed as the Middle East’s largest football eShop, started its operation almost a year ago, after its first fundraising round last April. Based in Dubai they are selling apparel, footwear and football training gear across the Gulf countries. They have signed supplier agreements with the football industries top brands, as well many of the local UAE football clubs.
The opportunity is specifically created for football loving investors looking to benefit from the fast-growing online retail market in the Middle East. The minimum investment ticket is $10,000.
Ghazi Ben Amor, managing director and co-founder says: “For this funding round we have followed the traditional route of VCs and angel investors, but part of the round has also been reserved exclusively for football fans, those with a true passion for football”
The investment process will happen on one-to-one basis. “We prefer to know our investors on a personal level and we want to make sure they have a love for the game like we do” said Yorgos Kleivokiotis, the other co-founder “Our dream is for KooraBazar to be more of a community of football lovers, than just another eShop.”
As the sports retail market in the region continues to grow and the total B2C e-commerce sales in the region are estimated to exceed $3.3 billion. The KooraBazar team believes the opportunity is one that savvy business football enthusiasts in the region will be eager to explore.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- Liverpool FC fans get the chance to win a limited edition signed shirt
- First Gulf Bank partners with Manchester City to reward club’s fans
- It's time to get your Middle East Film and Comic Con on!
- Nike “Write the Future” Campaign Celebrates Football’s Pivotal Moments and Allows Fans around the World to Connect with Their Heroes