OPEC president Rodríguez - oil prices are dropping
The price of oil has had a tendency to decrease because of the OPEC decision to increase production by 800 thousand barrels per day beginning October 1, said OPEC President and Venezuelan Energy and Mines Minister Alí Rodríguez at Miraflores Palace, on Monday Night, informed the Press Office of the Second OPEC Summit on a press release.
The U.S. decision to release 30 million barrels of crude oil from its strategic reserves also is contributing to stabilization of the oil market, the Minister added.
He also announced that the Venezuelan oil basket decreased today by US $3.75 per barrel to close at US $27.85 per barrel.
He said that since April has been approximately 2 million barrels per day exceeding demand. Therefore, he said, "the fundamentals (of the market) do not show imbalances that explain the current prices."
( petroleumworld )
- Oil prices are dropping - OPEC President Rodríguez
- OPEC summit-Alí Rodríguez:It is premature to announce production cuts
- OPEC President Rodriguez: OPEC will cut 500,000 bpd automatically in January 8.
- Rodriguez: OPEC production will go up 500.000
- Venezuela\'s Rodriguez: OPEC will cut out to 1 mln bpd if necessary