OPEC will not cut output without non-OPEC: Saudi
OPEC will not cut its production in January without a reduction by non-OPEC producers of 500,000 barrels per day (bpd), Saudi Arabian Oil Minister Ali Al-Nuaimi said Thursday, November 15.
"Absolutely not .. until everyone cooperates" he said when asked if the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) will cut its output, in line with a conditional accord reached by the 11-member cartel.
OPEC ministers agreed Wednesday to cut their production by 1.5 million bpd from January 1, but only on condition that non-OPEC major producers like Russia, Norway and Mexico cut by half a million bpd. — (AFP, Riyadh)
© Agence France Presse 2001
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Tehran jibs at possible new oil output cuts with non-OPEC states
- OPEC to cut 1.5 million bpd if backed by non-OPEC: UAE
- Non-OPEC producers likely to fall in line but price war still possible
- OPEC and non-OPEC producers consulting to stabilize market: Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia forecasts 1.5 million bpd OPEC output cut