OSN ups the viewing stakes with six new HD channels
Vikings is an Irish-Canadian historical drama television series now in its fourth series on The History Channel. (Vikings TV Series)
OSN is unveiling six new HD channels offering blockbuster films, award-winning series, general entertainment and Arabic movies. Five new channels will be launched on February 1 with other premium and exclusive channels to be unveiled in March.
The launch of the new channels highlights OSN’s strategy for 2016 to consolidate its market presence by offering subscribers premium content that is available in true HD on OSN in addition to strengthening its digital viewing platforms for ‘anytime, anywhere’ access.
The new channels exclusive for OSN subscribers from February 1 are: OSN Yahala Cinema HD, the first Arabic movie channel in true HD, allowing viewers to watch the latest Arabic films just a few weeks after their theatrical release; OSN Movies Family HD, the movie destination for the entire family; OSN First HD Home of HBO that brings award-winning and world-class series from the HBO stable at same time as the US; and H2 HD, from the History channel portfolio is a new premium factual channel offering never-before-seen documentaries.
These channels are in addition to the recently announced BBC First HD, tailored for the MENA region, which will serve as the only place to watch the very best of British premium drama and new entertainment.
Building on its commitment to localisation and offering more choice to its Arabic viewers, the brand new H2 HD channel will be fully subtitled by April while the existing History channel will be 100% subtitled in Arabic by March.
David Butorac, Chief Executive Officer of OSN, said: “We are continuously pushing our boundaries and reinventing the TV industry landscape of the MENA region through our investment in content that no other network can offer. This is our central strategy for 2016. OSN’s world-class and ‘nowhere else’ television experiences are tailored to suit the entertainment preferences of the entire family, which will continue to drive our growth.
He added: “The new channels reflect the exclusive global industry partnerships that we have strengthened over the years. We have first access to content of all the new channels for our OTT and On Demand platforms too, thus also enhancing the true ‘anytime, anywhere’ TV experiences for our subscribers.”
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- OSN unveils 6 new channels highlighting 2016 strategy of delivering ‘nowhere else’ content
- OSN signs landmark deal with AMC Networks to launch Sundance Channel HD in MENA
- OSN launches unmatched offers for subscribers this summer
- OSN appoints Emad Morcos as Chief Content Officer to drive strategy for exclusive content
- OSN brings world’s first technology to consumers at GITEX Shopper 2012 with OSN Plus HD