Over 50 hotels booked for Dubai 2003 Annual Meetings
Dubai 2003 has announced that over 50 hotels, 24 of them specifically for the delegates, have already been booked in Dubai to provide accommodation for official delegates and representatives of the private sector attending the Annual Meetings of the Boards of Governors of the World Bank Group (WB) and International Monetary Fund (IMF) in September.
The news came as Dubai 2003 officials met with the General Managers of the 50 hotels in the city who are providing accommodation for the world's biggest annual financial gathering. As the countdown continues to the September event, Dubai 2003 is anticipating a surge in demand for hotel accommodation throughout the city.
The Annual Meetings were first held in Washington, DC in 1946. They are hosted by an international city one year in three. The UAE and Dubai were selected because of their highly developed transportation and logistics infrastructure and growing importance as a financial hub. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Dubai 2003 prepares to receive 250 Audi limousines for World Bank and IMF meetings
- Nearly 16,000 in Dubai to participate in Annual Meetings
- Senior IMF official praises Dubai 2003 arrangements
- Dubai starts 100-day countdown for World Bank and IMF Annual Meetings
- Dubai 2003 delegation brings Dubai Airport Smart Card technology to US meetings